Before we get into this call to action, make sure that you have read the Elon Poll hot off the presses!
NC NORML’s own Janis Ramquist was quoted in this story: https://www.ncnorml.org/newsroom
Please Copy, Paste and email the following information to all the legislators in your county (find them here):
HOUSE - House Representation by County
SENATE - Senate Representation by County
Dear Senator or Representative (Name),
Please give some thought to recent research that contradicts problematic myths and beliefs about cannabis. Physicians used medical cannabis up to about 90 years ago, when cannabis prohibition was enacted after alcohol prohibition was overturned.
- When asked during a WebMD survey whether medical marijuana should be an option for patients, 67 percent of physicians reportedly expressed “solid support”.
SOURCE: WebMD - Legalize Medical Marijuana, Doctors Say in Survey
- A comprehensive review of medical marijuana in Headache concluded that “The literature suggests that the medicinal use of cannabis may have a therapeutic role for a multitude of diseases, particularly chronic pain disorders including headache.” Current studies find enough evidence to call for more clinical studies. “Cannabis contains an extensive number of pharmacological and biochemical compounds, of which only a minority are understood, so many potential therapeutic uses likely remain undiscovered.”
Medical cannabis is available to a majority of Americans but North Carolinians don’t have equal access to it.
When you hear back, be sure to fill out the Constituent Insight form so NC NORML will have the latest info in the legislative database: https://airtable.com/shruR7GLu11s9RWNy
Remember, February is “Zoom Cannabis Lobbying Month.” Ask your lawmakers for a meeting. To help prepare, you can watch NC NORML’s short videos How to Advocate for Legal Cannabis Playlist https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGWRI47jG8kKjxw9dXcDItVnpPAIa6ed_
If this email was forwarded to you, sign up for future Nuggets at https://www.ncnorml.org/getstarted
- Follow NC NORML on social media (linked below!) and check in on our website at https://www.ncnorml.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NCNORML
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ncnorml
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/NCNORML
(subscribe to be notified of new videos!)
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/NC_NORML
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/33006477/admin/
Have questions about Advocacy training? Contact [email protected].
NC NORML needs your insights about your legislators! If you have spoken to them please fill out the form linked below, so we can link it to their individual records. https://actionnetwork.org/forms/constituent-feedback