Half of people who are eligible to vote actually take this step. Please make sure that your pro-legalization voice is heard by making a plan to vote now.
Early Voting in NC starts Thursday and continues through Oct 31. Make sure you, your friends, and your family have a voting plan. You can look up information on voting through the NORML website here: https://norml.org/vote/
If you aren’t registered to vote you can register and vote during Early Voting
Find your One-Stop early voting sites here: https://vt.ncsbe.gov/ossite/
A few weeks ago, we introduced Smoke the Vote https://vote.norml.org/ resource for evaluating candidates on their cannabis positions. We are continually updating it as we receive more information about NC’s candidates. Here is more information about the tool and how to use it https://www.ncnorml.org/how-to-read-use-smoke-the-vote/
If you’ve talked with your legislators or candidates, please let us know and fill out the Constituent Insight form at https://actionnetwork.org/forms/constituent-feedback so we can ensure Smoke the Vote has all available information.
The NC Task Force for Racial Equity in Criminal Justice is Still Accepting Comments!
A few months ago, we shared tips https://www.ncnorml.org/the-governor-is-accepting-criminal-justice-comments-also-3rd-thursday-chat-coming-up/ for how to submit a public comment to this task force.
The Public Comment Session is this Friday 10/16 at 10AM. You can still sign up to speak or submit your comment here https://governor.nc.gov/issues/public-safety/trec-public-feedback-form . You may want to reference some of the data available on these and many other topics in our fact sheets: https://www.ncnorml.org/fact-sheets/
– Sign up at www.ncnorml.org/get-involved/ so we can reach you with specific information on your representatives.
– Stay up-to-date by checking in on our website www.ncnorml.org and following NC NORML on social media:
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NCNORML
– Instagram: www.instagram.com/ncnorml
– YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/NCNORML
(subscribe to be notified of new videos!)
– Twitter: https://twitter.com/NC_NORML
– LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/33006477/admin/