We can change cannabis laws and begin to acknowledge and repair the racist criminal justice system, AND invest in communities ravaged by the Drug War.
Take action to begin righting past, present, and future wrongs!
1. Educate Yourself on Racial Disparities to Further the Conversation | Check out our recent blog post for more information on several studies that provide more details on these disparities, and for additional considerations to ensure just cannabis law reform
2. Familiarize Yourself with the Language of Current North Carolina Legislation | You can read up on various legislation proposed in North Carolina https://www.ncnorml.org/are-north-carolinas-legislators-ready-to-have-a-real-cannabis-conversation-in-2020/
3. Stay Updated on Current Candidates Positions on Cannabis Reform | More information on who is running contested in 2020 for NC House (https://www.ncnorml.org/who-is-running-in-contested-2020-primaries-nc-house/) and NC Senate (https://www.ncnorml.org/who-is-running-in-2020-contested-primaries-nc-senate/)
- If you aren’t on our email list or have friends, family, and neighbors who aren’t, sign up at ncnorml.org/get-involved/ (NOTE: If you already completed the form and didn’t know who your reps were or their positions, you can re-submit it. We will take care of cleaning up duplicates.)
- You can also stay up-to-date by following NC NORML on Facebook facebook.com/NCNORML, Instagram www.instagram.com/ncnorml, YouTube youtube.com/c/NCNORML, or Twitter twitter.com/NC_NORML and check in on our website at www.ncnorml.org. Please subscribe to our YouTube channel: youtube.com/c/NCNORML and check out our monthly Board Chats. We also have regional Facebook pages that you can join to have conversations with your NORML neighbors.