Our Board Selection process kicked off on 4/1/2020 as we put out a call on social media and by email for applicants.
We accepted applications through 8:00pm on 4/20/20 and received a total of 20 including 7 from current board members or committee members. A subcommittee of three members from our leadership team reviewed all the applicants. Most applicants were interviewed during the first week of May (a team member tried to contact several who never responded).
The Outgoing Board of Directors reviewed the applicants and selected the incoming Board:
Board Chair: Zac Lentz
Vice Chair/Executive Director: Katrina Ramquist Wesson
Deputy Director: Lauren Shiel
Secretary: Dylan Reinhardt
Treasurer: Ann Twitty Caughran
Other applicants have been offered the option of sitting on our current committees (Communications, Events, Legislation and Education) and/or future committees as we grow our Leadership Team.
Our next Third Thursday Board Chat will be on 5/21/20 at 8:00pm. Come meet our new Board of Directors and talk about future plans.
- Please participate in our 2020 Membership Drive: We recognize that this is a time of great financial uncertainty for too many people, so we understand that donating money may be difficult. Please keep reading for other ways to support the movement to legalize. https://www.ncnorml.org/become-a-member/
- Share the link above to encourage your network of friends to join as well.
- Please sign and share our petition for legal cannabis in NC: https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/legalize-cannabis-in-north-carolina/
- Sign up at www.ncnorml.org/get-involved/ so we can reach you with specific information on your representatives.
- Stay up-to-date by checking in on our website www.ncnorml.org and following NC NORML on social media:
- Facebook facebook.com/NCNORML
- Instagram www.instagram.com/ncnorml
- YouTube youtube.com/c/NCNORML (subscribe to be notified of new videos!)
- Twitter twitter.com/NC_NORML