- Able and willing to advocate for changing the laws in NC
- A member (or willing to become a member) of NORML and NC NORML
- Able to make a one year commitment to meet bi-weekly, and communicate between meetings on Slack, Airtable and by email.
- Willing to work collaboratively on one (or more) committees, yet able to work independently with direction.
- Experienced at fundraising or willing to learn
Prior to applying, applicants should familiarize themselves with NC NORML. Hopefully since you’re here, you’ve looked around our website, ncnorml.org. As a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization, we adhere to a set of bylaws, which can be reviewed here. Beyond what is laid out in our bylaws, NC NORML has established expectations for those contributing to the organization, including the use of tools and procedures common to the organization, linked here. Applicants should also be aware of the responsibilities and ethical standards expected of chapter leadership, linked here.
The application can be accessed here and will close at 8:00 PM on Monday, April 20th. The current Board of Directors and NC NORML leadership will review and conduct interviews over the following month and anticipate communicating decisions to the applicants in the final week of April. Applicants should expect to begin working with current Board members shortly thereafter in preparation for their first virtual meeting in mid-May.
We hope you’re excited to join the team and will share this opportunity with other qualified, passionate advocates for ending cannabis prohibition.