This week, we are giving you tips to help you initiate those critical cannabis conversations with your NC Legislators. We have to do the work to make sure 2020’s NCGA Cannabis Conversations are only in the “good” category.
As constituents advocating for cannabis law reform, it is crucial that we get to know our lawmakers and develop relationships to propel the conversation forward. This allows us to understand what additional information that you can provide yourself or with the help of NC NORML’s resources.
Remember to always be courteous, kind, professional, and articulate to be able to maintain access to your lawmakers and assure that the movement remains productive.
- Follow your legislators on social media and look for opportunities to interact with them between sessions. If you don’t know them, click here and enter your physical address. https://www.ncleg.gov/RnR/Representation
- Review the slides from our webinar about working with your Reps. https://tinyurl.com/ConstituentWebinar
- For more information, reference our Lobby Guide on our website (https://tinyurl.com/NCNORMLLobbies2019)
- If you aren’t on our email list or have friends, family, and neighbors who aren’t, sign up at ncnorml.org/get-involved/ (NOTE: If you already completed the form and didn’t know who your reps were or their positions, you can re-submit it. We will take care of cleaning up duplicates.)
- You can also stay up-to-date by following NC NORML on Facebook facebook.com/NCNORML, Instagram www.instagram.com/ncnorml, YouTube youtube.com/c/NCNORML, or Twitter twitter.com/NC_NORML and check in on our website at www.ncnorml.org. We also have regional Facebook pages that you can join to have conversations with your NORML neighbors.
- Check out our previous Board Chats on our YouTube channel: youtube.com/c/NCNORML