You receive our updates because you understand the problems associated with the prohibition of cannabis, whether because you feel it's simply wrong to block access to potentially helpful medication or you think that the criminalization of a plant is just problematic.
But, did you know that the data are with you? Research continues to show a decline in crime following legalization! It’s becoming clear that prohibition, not cannabis is the cause of crime.
Check out this brand new section of the NC NORML website! We have been working hard to curate vetted, reliable resources at your fingertips to address common objections to legalizing cannabis. To view the section, go to ncnorml.org and click on Facts Sheets/Research
This week, we are highlighting the section called Research-Crime, which can be accessed directly at https://www.ncnorml.org/research-crime/
You'll find information about how to measure impairment rather than THC as well as information to dispel myths about crime associated with cannabis legalization.
Also, be sure to check out the fact sheets, especially this one, which quickly hits the highlights from the sources above.
Please consider becoming a member of NC NORML. We recognize that this is a time of great financial uncertainty for too many people, so we understand that donating money may be difficult. Please keep reading for other ways to support the movement to legalize. https://www.ncnorml.org/become-a-member/
- Share the link above to encourage your network of friends to join as well.
- Please sign and share our petition for legal cannabis in NC: https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/legalize-cannabis-in-north-carolina/
- Sign up at www.ncnorml.org/get-involved/ so we can reach you with specific information on your representatives.
- Stay up-to-date by checking in on our website www.ncnorml.org and following NC NORML on social media:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NCNORML
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ncnorml
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/NCNORML
(subscribe to be notified of new videos!)
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/NC_NORML
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/33006477/admin/